Product quality inspection standards:
(1) Safety standards
1. Limits to free formaldehyde: Testing methods provided in CNS 15580-1 shall be used. Quality requirements must comply with the rules prescribed in CNS 14940 L1029 (that reference ISO 14184-1-1998). Maximum limit of free formaldehyde is 20 ppm for woven products used by infants and young children and 75 ppm for woven products that come into direct contact with the skin.
2. Does not use any of the prohibited azo dyes: Products must be provided with evidentiary documentation that no prohibited azo dyes prescribed in CNS 15290 L1036 Safety of textiles were used.
(2) Functional standards
1. Shrinkage: Reference and select any one of the test methods provided below.
(1) Testing for crochet fabrics shall be based upon method 6.3 C-1 prescribed in CNS 1494 L3027 (corresponding to ISO 105-C06: 1994) and should exhibit a rating of 3-4 or above for both color change and dye contamination.
(2) Color fastness to washing: Testing for knitted or woven fabrics shall be based upon method 8.1 A prescribed in CNS 8434 L3155 (corresponding to ISO 105-D01: 1993) and should exhibit a rating of 3-4 or above for both color change and dye contamination.
2. Knitted hats: Color fastness under xenon arc lighting: Testing shall be based upon method B (using air-cooled xenon arc light tester) or method C (using water-cooled xenon arc light tester) employing direct illumination and exposure method 3 prescribed in CNS 3846 L3075 (corresponding to ISO 105-B02: 2000). Color change shall be rating 4 or above for non-natural materials, and may have a rating of 3 or more for white colored products. For natural materials, the rating shall be 3-4 or above or 3 or more for white colored products.
(3) Product labeling inspection standards: Products applying for certification must comply with the regulations prescribed in Commodity Labeling Act - Labeling Criteria for Apparel And Garments