Product quality inspection standards
(1) Safety standards
1. Limits to free formaldehyde: Testing methods provided in CNS 15580-1 shall be used. Quality requirements must comply with the rules prescribed in CNS 14940 L1029 (that reference ISO 14184-1-1998). Maximum limit of free formaldehyde is 20 ppm for woven products used by infants and young children and 75 ppm for woven products that come into direct contact with the skin.
2. Does not use any of the prohibited azo dyes: Products must be provided with evidentiary documentation that no prohibited azo dyes prescribed in CNS 15290 L1036 Safety of textiles was used (corresponding to EN 14362-1: 2003).
(2) Functional standards
Color fastness to perspiration: Refer to test methods prescribed in CNS 1496 L3029, and attain a rating of 3 or more for color change and dye contamination.
(3) Product labeling inspection standards
1. General fabric protectors must comply with the rules prescribed by the Commodity Labeling Act.
(1) Commodity name
(2) Name, telephone, and address of the producer or manufacturer, and country of origin of the commodity
(3) Details of the commodity:
A. Main components or materials
B. Net weight, volume, quantity, or measurement; net weight, volume or measurement must be indicated in the legally stipulated measurement unit. Other units may be provided where necessary.
(4) Production date in the National calendar or western calendar. Items with lifespans must also indicate the effective date or period.
(5) Other items that must be indicated as specified by the central competent agency.
2. Therapeutic fabric protectors must also comply with Article 75 of the Pharmaceutical Affairs Act.
(1) Manufacturer name and address.
(2) Item name and permit number.
(3) Lot number.
(4) Date of manufacture and period of validity or shelf-life.
(5) Major ingredients, dosage, and method of administration.
(6) Major medical efficacy, functions, and indications.
(7) Reactions, counter-indications, and other warnings.
(8) Other particulars as required by relevant regulations.