Products and items that may be certified：
Upper garments, long sleeves, short sleeves, shirts, jackets, business suits, coats, suits, dresses, pants, breeches, shorts, skirts, culottes, aprons, overalls, skirts, petticoats, casual wear, bathrobes, dressing gown and similar apparel, T-shirts, sweatshirts, other vests, infant clothing and accessories, competition outfits, skiing outfits, cycling outfits, mountaineering outfits, overcoat, raincoat (that does not contain PVC), driving jacket, shawls, cloaks and other similar apparel, cold weather jackets with hoods (including skiing jackets), windbreakers, wind jackets and other similar apparel, pajamas, sleepwear, protective clothing for repeated use (including surgical purposes) and other apparel and products used by men, women and children.
Product quality inspection standards:
1. Limits to free formaldehyde: Testing methods provided in CNS 15580-1 shall be used. Quality requirements must comply with the rules prescribed in CNS 14940 L1029 (that reference ISO 14184-1-1998). Maximum limit of free formaldehyde is 20 ppm for woven products used by infants and young children and 75 ppm for woven products that come into direct contact with the skin.
2. Does not use any of the prohibited azo dyes: Products must be provided with evidentiary documentation that no prohibited azo dyes prescribed in CNS 15290 L1036 Safety of textiles were used.
1. Shrinkage: Reference and select any one of the test methods provided below.
(1) Resistance to washing shrinkage: Test method for woven fabrics must refer to method 7.2.3 G prescribed in CNS 8038 L3138 (washing test for domestic washing machine). For knitted fabrics, refer to method 6.30 G prescribed in CNS 13752 L3243 (washing test for domestic washing machine) (corresponding to ISO 6330-1984); shrinkage for blended fabrics and pure cotton should be within ±5% and ±8% respectively.
(2) Resistance to dry washing shrinkage: Refer to test method 6.30 E-1 prescribed in CNS 13752 L3243 (oil washing methods) (corresponding to ISO 6330-1984); shrinkage should be within ±3%.
2.Color fastness: Reference and select any one of the test methods provided below.
(1) Color fastness to washing: Testing shall be based upon method 6.3 C-3 prescribed in CNS 1494 L3027 (corresponding to ISO 105-C06: 1994) and should exhibit a rating of 4 or above for both color change and dye contamination. Finished apparel that were dyed may exhibit a rating of 3 or above for both color change and dye contamination.
(2) Color fastness to washing: Testing shall be based upon method 8.1 A prescribed in CNS 8434 L3155 (corresponding to ISO 105-D01: 1993) and should exhibit a rating of 3-4 or above for both color change and dye contamination.
3. Color fastness under xenon arc lighting: Testing shall be based upon method B (using air-cooled xenon arc light tester) or method C (using water-cooled xenon arc light tester) employing direct illumination and exposure method 3 prescribed in CNS 3846 L3075 (corresponding to ISO 105-B02: 2000). Color change shall be rating 4 or above. Finished apparel that were dyed may exhibit a rating of 3 or above for color change.
4. Composition tests: Testing shall be based upon rules prescribed in CNS 2339-1 L3050-1 and 2339-2 L3050-2, and must be within ±3% of the indicated value to qualify.
(3) Product labeling inspection standards: ：Products applying for certification must comply with the regulations prescribed in Commodity Labeling Act - Labeling Criteria for Apparel And Garments