Product quality inspection standards:
1. Limits to free formaldehyde: Testing methods provided in CNS 15580-1 shall be used. Quality requirements must comply with the rules prescribed in CNS 14940 L1029 (that reference ISO 14184-1-1998). Maximum limit of free formaldehyde is 20 ppm for woven products used by infants and young children and 75 ppm for woven products that come into direct contact with the skin.
2. Does not use any of the prohibited azo dyes: Products must be provided with evidentiary documentation that no prohibited azo dyes prescribed in CNS 15290 L1036 Safety of textiles were used.
(2) Functional standards
Color fastness to washing: Refer to test method A2 prescribed in CNS 1494 L3027, and must attain a rating of 3 or above for color change and dye contamination.
(3) Product labeling inspection standards
1. For products made locally, the name, telephone number and address of the manufacturer must be shown.
2. Dimensions or size code.
3. Country of origin (the main country responsible for the manufacture of the product).
4. Fiber composition.
5. Ironing and processing methods.